Tuesday, April 8, 2008

confession

here i am.
at a point were i bring myself low.
i hate where i am.
i live selfishly and i don’t even care.

there are people starving.
there are people without a home.
there are people naked.
there are people being beaten for loving Jesus.
there are people hurting.

AND I DO NOTHING ABOUT IT.
IN FACT,
I DON’T EVEN RECOGNIZE THESE PEOPLE.
AND THEY...
ARE ALL AROUND ME.

what kind of sick human being am i?
where is the love?

maybe i should try it.
try living without.
without electronics.
without a car.
without money.
how would that be?
would it change me?
could You change me?

i can’t do this by myself.
i need You and i need others.
i want to be challenged.
i need to be changed.
i need a spiritual spring cleaning.
but i really just want to get dirty.
i want to be used.

this is my prayer
and my ultimate desire:

i will follow wherever you lead me
wherever you are underneath these stars is where i wanna be
and i will lay it down, this old life of mine
i leave behind all the things of the world just to follow you

i’ll be strong and courageous
i’ll live my life for You, my only King
’cause You’re my God through all the ages
here am i, i am Yours, send me

when i fall down and I’m broken
when i stumble on the rocks and lose my way
i will cling to Your eternal love
when i’m weak You come to me, You give me strength

i will follow wherever you lead me
wherever you are underneath these stars is where i want to be

here am i, i am yours, send me
here am i, i am yours, send me

(strong by audio adrenaline)

is there anybody out there?
does anybody care?
are the people really there?
is there anybody seeking?
does anybody see?
or are they deaf and dumb like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment