Friday, January 27, 2012

mumford philosophy

 this week was all about spending time observing and thinking about creations. i have to say, it was a little bit hard getting out and about this week since it snowed, but i was blessed by all the white loveliness that we had (even though it was gone within 8hrs...).
 i focused on reading psalm 8 this week:
when I consider your heavens,
   the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
   which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them?
   human beings that you care for them?
 while i was driving around earlier in the week, i spent a good chunk of time thinking about these lyrics from mumford and sons:
in these bodies we will live
in these bodies we will die
where you invest your love
you invest your life.
it was good to reflect again on the knowledge that someday i will die, for it truly does heighten my awareness of what im accomplishing today.
and week three did bring on at least one important accomplishment:
my very last unofficial shift at my job.
i was so thankful that i was able to meet with my favorite kiddo one last time to tell her in person that i was leaving and not gonna be able to see her anymore. she was definitely sad and angry at first, but we talked about change and how it's never fun to say goodbye, but it always brings new adventures and opportunities. on our way to celebrate with root beer floats, she told me that she'll miss me, how i was her favorite, and how she wants to name a future child after me. 
all that still makes me smile.
i feel content and fulfilled that i made that much of an impact on her. 
i'm gonna miss that girl though. 
<3
and here's one of god's prettiest creations: my adorable ginger puppy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment