Sunday, February 26, 2012

role reversal

 so 2 weeks of training have been accomplished. only 2 more to go! 
i'm getting nervous to be out of the classroom and up in the air, but also very excited.

a very strange and funny phenomenon has happened to eric and i during my training. 
you see, normally, i'm the one who is less busy and has a little more time on my hand. 
so when eric gets home at night, i'm pretty excited to see him and talk and relax...
but during the last two weeks, it has been the opposite.
instead of me asking for quality time, it's him.
and it's so precious.
i've had to turn down potential date nights, movies, and games with him cause of my studying. 
and i hate turning down quality time. so finally, last tuesday, i went out with him...
...to a blazer game!
and i'm so glad that i took a night off to spend hanging out with him. 
plus, the blazers smashed the spurs, which is always a good time!

my happiness project has unfortunately fallen to the wayside a bit for the last 2 weeks.
i've been longing to sit down and read and journal and think, but with the nonstop waterfall of information i'm learning in training, i decided it was better to take a break. so i'll start that up again when i'm done with class! 

in the meantime, you can pray and hope that i will get portland as my domicile (read: home base city). and that the next few weeks will go by quickly and successfully! 

although it sounds like training has been all consuming (and i definitely feel like it is), i have been able to have some fun still like: having my friend lauren stay with me last weekend, spending time with my family, snuggling my dog, hosting justice conference friends from Tennessee, skyping my brother in australia and my cousin in hawaii, and having some good quality time with anne and carly and eric!

p.s.
also, just have to shout out that this week my friend carly got engaged this past week and i'm sooooo very excited for her! 

 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment