(a lovely little clusterfication)
i have recently started working at my family's furniture store in portland. normally, i prefer working with children, but due to certain economic circumstances, i started looking at other options. and frankly, this is probably the best option i could have. i get to work with my 2 aunts, uncle, and grandpa and while my work is sometimes menial, i love rearranging, clusterfying, and talking with my family.
in particular, my uncle neal is hilarious. on wednesday's i get to work with shelley and neal and it is always a hoot. today, we spent at least a half an hour cracking jokes and laughing so hard we couldn't breath. after the first laugh had died down, my uncle went to his desk, pulled out a notebook and started reading us funny or strange things that either customers or my aunts, grandpa, or he had said...
"i want those sconches."
"she lives a mile from her house."
"don't you like my clusterfications?"
"we can deliver that between 12 and noon."
after being offered a normal rockwell calendar, a man kindly rejected by saying, "no thanks, i'm from out of town."
my uncle and aunt made it much funnier, and needless to say, we were all in tears laughing...
anyway, my job is awesome and i love it.
so what i really wanted to post today is something that i got from my good friend aubrey's blog . she wrote about 30 blog-a-day ideas. and i decided to join her. here's the list:
* Day 01 — Your favorite song
* Day 02 — Your favorite movie
* Day 03 — Your favorite television program
* Day 04 — Your favorite book
* Day 05 — Your favorite quote
* Day 06 — Whatever tickles your fancy
* Day 07 — A photo that makes you happy
* Day 08 — A photo that makes you angry/sad
* Day 09 — A photo you took
* Day 10 — A photo of you taken over ten years ago
* Day 11 — A photo of you taken recently
* Day 12 — Whatever tickles your fancy
* Day 13 — A fictional book
* Day 14 — A non-fictional book
* Day 15 — A fanfic
* Day 16 — A song that makes you cry (or nearly)
* Day 17 — An art piece (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.)
* Day 18 — Whatever tickles your fancy
* Day 19 — A talent of yours
* Day 20 — A hobby of yours
* Day 21 — A recipe
* Day 22 — A website
* Day 23 — A YouTube video
* Day 24 — Whatever tickles your fancy
* Day 25 — Your day, in great detail
* Day 26 — Your week, in great detail
* Day 27 — This month, in great detail
* Day 28 — This year, in great detail
* Day 29 — Hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days
* Day 30 — Whatever tickles your fancy
it's hard for me to choose a favorite song. my definition of a favorite song is one that is memorable and takes me back to the moment in which i heard it. unfortunately, i still have quite a few of those, so i'll choose the few which have made the greatest impact on my ears.
1. yellow taxi by matt costa
this song makes me want to get in my car and drive as far away from here as possible (which i have considered many times, but never actually done.)
2. my stupid mouth by john mayer
i love john mayer, not just as a musician, but as a lyricist as well. i connect to the things he writes/sings about. this song is one of those songs (which, sadly, i probably relate to a little too much).
3. lovely tonight by joshua radin
sweetest love song ever, which eric and i will be dancing to at our wedding. :)
4. yellow by coldplay
i discovered coldplay very late in life (only 3 years ago) and instantly fell in love with their music. this song is significant because it reminds be of a certain boy who loves stars. <3
5. a-punk by vampire weekend
i want summer every time i hear this song. it's so catchy and fun and makes me want to dance around (like the band does in their music video).
6. california by phantom planet
maybe not a favorite, but i had to add this one because it has the record for highest play count on my itunes at a high of 232 times (yes, i probably left it on repeat for a day or so, oops...). i actually like this song though as it is a stellar vocal warm up (or wear out) and i have fond memories of nathan and i driving home from port angeles, wa down the 101 with windows down singing at the tops of our lungs. happy happy thoughts:)
quotes of the day:
"we're all writing love songs and we're not in love."
"i feel the laughter in the back of my head...and it hurts."